Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm finally here!!!!

I left Dearborn on Dec 15, and got to Okinawa 48 hrs later!! The trip took a lot out of me with my stupid back, so that was not so fun... but the reward waiting in Okinawa was great... my husband! Yay!! So with getting there just a few days before Christmas, we were very excited to finally start our 'real' lives together! :)

I think I spent most of the first few days resting... I was so excited to do stuff, but I'd usually get tired and pass out by about 3:30 in the afternoon. I blame that on jet lag and the stupid back of course! But we did get out walking around to snap some pics with our fancy new camera from Laura and Tracy :) These pics are from our neighborhood...not too shabby of a place to live! We may not have picked the biggest and newest looking apartment to live in (see post #1), but we feel extremely fortunate to live in such a cool place for our first duty station!

I thought this was a sweet sign  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment