Monday, February 20, 2012

Home (October 2011)

I know it's not really part of our Okinawan adventures, but we had a lot of fun at home... so this deserves a post too! Chris and I went to the AAO in Boston to get some CE, and then on to Detroit, the U.P. and Akron for some family time. We had a packed schedule!

First, Boston. Chris went a little bit early for the military optometry part of the conference, and then I arrived a few days later. Chris got to check out the USS Constitution and walk around Boston.





I also got to see some of my friends too!! :)

Jill & Jeff 
Meh meh. Ivy tatters...
Tina, Ivy and I also did some walking around one afternoon to enjoy the nice fall day. We had been sitting in class for WAY too many hours :)




So this really deserves its own post in my mind... it should be labeled: Mischief by Ivy and Kelly





After leaving Boston, we headed to Detroit to see my family and to see Chris run the Detroit Marathon. What Chris didn't know, was that his entire family was also coming to Detroit to see him run the marathon...and to celebrate his birthday! They were going to surprise him at the airport. I had been planning with his family for weeks. I was SO nervous on the plane to Detroit that I could barely contain myself. Here's an exact conversation Chris and I had on the plane... Kelly: "So what are you most excited for when we get home?" (Hoping he would say 'family'). Chris: "Chipotle".
SO, we got to Detroit and when we walked down to the baggage claim, his entire family was there!!! He said it was one of the best surprises ever :)

The next day was the marathon, and not only was Chris running, but also our friends Hugh, Dylan and Tracy!




The cheerleaders...



The sisters... workin' the corner

After the race, we enjoyed some time with our family and friends at our house in Dearborn.

A couple days later, we drove up the U.P. with my grandparents to visit my mom and Dennis. This is the first time Chris had been to the U.P.!! Big moment :) We had a great time there too.




From there, the trip continued on to Ohio to visit some more with Chris' family and also to see more of our friends! One morning, we had great weather to head out to the Towpath for a walk. We both miss fall SO much!






Visit to our wedding place :)
I headed back to MI for a couple days and got to spend a little more time with the fam before heading back to Oki. I wish I had more photos for this trip...all of these make the trip look so lax...but really, we saw SO many of our family and friends and I don't have pictures of most of it!!! We really enjoyed our time at home and it made us miss SO many of you :)

Oh, yeah. One more thing. So when Chris' family asked me what to get Chris for his birthday, naturally running stuff comes to mind. And as you may notice, Chris really isn't into all of the new fad running clothes, but he does need to change his shoes often... So ladies, if you think you have a shoe problem, check out this guy's collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment