Saturday, February 18, 2012

Swim Meet & Triathalon (July 2011)

Ya, shocking... I know. Kelly and swimming don't really mix...especially those of you who know me from high school haha. Well, since I can't run anymore, I decided to take up swimming. I mean, we live in a warm place, the pool's only a mile away, and I have to try to stay in shape somehow!!! It was pretty rough at first...I could hardly swim 50m when I started a couple months after arriving in Oki. But eventually it got easier and I roped 3 friends into doing a relay race!!! They are all good swimmers...so I had to prepare them for my slowness :)

The race was a 2 hr relay where each person swims 400m and you just keep rotating until 2 hrs is up! Naturally, I went last because I was the slowest swimmer...we figured the first 3 swimmers would go 4 times, and maybe I would go 3 or 4 times. We had a blast...and I swam faster than I thought!!! Great team support, and I got to swim a 4th time as time ran out, so I really tried to sprint a little. Fun times :)

Our relay team: Eric, Chrissy, me and Luke

Chrissy waiting



Me coming in, Eric waiting
1st place for our age group; 3rd place overall...we got beat by Okinawa Dolphins Swim Team Teams :)

One weekend, 2 races... Chris signed up for a triathalon the next day. Actually, our friends Chrissy and Eric that swam with me the day before did the triathalon the next day too!! Triathalons here are run, bike, swim in Oki.


Run

C'mon pace car! Keep up! :)

Bike

Swim

Second place finish!!! Chris did awesome! 




No comments:

Post a Comment