Thursday, March 29, 2012

Naha Marathon (December 2011)

The Naha Marathon is one of the largest marathons in Japan, with up to 25,000 runners! It was a perfect day for a race this year :)










The costumes were the BEST we've ever seen!! A lot of people were wearing costumes that said "がんばって日本", or "Ganbatte Nippon" which is like saying..."Good luck Japan"... or "I got your back Japan". It is something that has been very commonly expressed after the large earthquake in mainland last March. I don't know what this propeller guy is all about, but he did run with this thing on!!
Another sweet costume

...and look who's right behind the sweet costume :)


The start of the race...

The really cool race mascots 












I couldn't follow Chris around on this one, so I went out for a 2 hr walk :) Found some really neat parts of Naha to explore. Here's a house that looks like it's been around for awhile... While I was walking, I was just thinking about what it would've been like to live here during WWII... and wondering which of these houses had survived!! 




Well... Chris was out doing great!!! Here he is only 400m from the finish!! 

Happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment